The 1900 Galveston Hurricane was a category4 hurricane going 150mph(240km/h) that affected Puerto Rico,Domincan Republic,Haiti,Cuba,south Florida,Mississippi,Louisiana,Texas,Atlantic Canada,Great Lakes region,and much of the Central United States.
Meteorogical History: Edit
- August27,1900:The storm formed 1,000 miles(1,600 km) east of the Windward Islands.
- August30,1900:The Storm passed through the Leeward Islands.
- September1,1900:The U.S. Weather Bureau observers were reporting a storm southeast of Cuba.
- September2,1900:Antigua reported a severe thunderstorm.
- September3,1900:Southwest Cuba had heavy rain.
- September5,1900:The tropical storm emerged into the Florida Straits.
- September6,1900:The storm was north of Key West.
- September7,1900:The Weather Brueau Office reported heavy damage along the Louisiana and Mississippi coasts.
- September8,1900:The Hurricane made landfall on Galveston,Texas.
- September12,1900:The storm dissipated.
It was the 2nd most costliest U.S. Atlantic Hurricane.It cost $20million(1900 U.S. Dollars).